Writer's Block

The USA is the place I was born. Canada is the place I was raised. Taiwan is the place in my heart.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Trying to follow the doctor's orders

There is definitely a nasty bug going around. My Dad has had the fiercest, most relentless, nagging, lagging cold for weeks and finally it's gotten to me. At first there was the persistent dry throat for a few days and then it hit me like a ton of bricks last Thursday. That evening I felt feverish and achy all over. I promptly went to sleep for 9 hours and woke up feeling fine physically, except for my throat- which felt itchy, scratchy and slightly constricted. My tonsils are probably a bit swollen. Have been to see the doctor about this and have been popping pills for the past 4 days.

My Mom has caught the same thing. One of my friends had to cancel our get together this weekend because she has a cold. Her voice sounds horrible. And I have several friends who are getting over, or have just gotten over a cold.

Well yesterday I could barely speak! A few friends wanted to Skype me, so there I was listening to them, typing back responses via MSN! Oh the wonders of technology.

Went to see the doctor again this morning and I've been ordered not to talk. What am I going to do with my English conversation classes? I think I'm going to have to take a break for a few days and rest up. I have no choice in the matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home