Writer's Block

The USA is the place I was born. Canada is the place I was raised. Taiwan is the place in my heart.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Nice guys finish last, and nice girls don't stand a chance

Oh the woes of nice girls- have been on my mind lately.

Since when did being nice become such a bad thing?

If you're too nice or give too much too soon, cynics wonder.

Perhaps it is precisely because that they haven't earned it that they don't appreciate it

Why would someone do this? She must be manipulative or needy.

Maybe it's simply a confident woman's form of initiative, an invitation.
Why shouldn't a woman "put it out there" or let a man know she's interested?

If you give too much or when it's not asked for; you won't be appreciated and run the risk of being taken for granted.

She was too nice, too accomodating, she gave in; the man got bored.

What's a nice girl to do?

4 Comments:

  • At 12/25/2006 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    But doesn't "being nice" suggest that you act independent of who the other person is? If she doesn't know who the other person really is, then isn't the "nice girl" always going to "finish last"?

     
  • At 12/25/2006 11:15 PM, Blogger Feli said…

    I hope not! Hopefully there are some genuine people who truly appreciate niceness.

    Since when did it become a bad thing to be nice? Are people just so cynical now that acts of kindness make them feel uncomfortable?

    Do people always want what they can't have?

    Should nice girls monitor themselves and carefully measure out their acts of kindness so that they aren't taken for granted?

     
  • At 1/06/2007 4:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nah... for me at least it's more like 'she's a nice girl, but just to be on the safe side, let's not mistaken it for something else in case I take it the wrong way'

    In my office, there are heaps of girls/ladies that are always smiling and sometimes chatty etc... but that's just them being nice, not them being flirty (although a study does show that more guys than girls will mistaken such gestures as flirtatious)

    So if I meet a nice girl, unless she "shows" something out of the ordinary, then I'll just assume she's being nice. E.g. if she invades my private space when I'm talking to her, then that's an obvious hint that she very possibly digs me. Others include, she says she thinks I resemble a film star, etc... I'm sure you know what I mean.

     
  • At 10/29/2007 10:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I disagree. Nice girls doesn't mean you are a pushover or aren't assertive. Niceness is essentially being a decent person and having a good heart. Something the world always needs more of. Don't lose heart...I'm sure the right guy will appreciate you being a nice girl.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home