Writer's Block

The USA is the place I was born. Canada is the place I was raised. Taiwan is the place in my heart.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

The American in Kimen is no longer MIA

I finally heard from Thomas. It turns out his cell phone battery was dead and I've been in Korea since Wednesday. I was really starting to wonder...

He's slowly recovering. He seems to be taking everything in stride. He even joked that he's "infamous" now that that article has appeared in the Apple Daily News. We agreed that it is a pretty incriminating photograph and article.

Thankfully the article and all this exposure doesn't seem to have put his job in jeopardy. But the school where he teaches has told him to just let it go and keep it quiet, not to shake things up too much about it. Thomas has said that he can't just be quiet about it. I can't blame him. I'm just glad to hear that he's ok and taking this all so well.

Funny thing is the "hot girl" mentioned in the Apple Daily News article, that he was grinding up at the club- ME was so NOT looking hot that night! I was dressed in long sleeve button down collared shirt and long pants, exposing the least amount of skin that I've ever exposed in a dance club! And my "male companion" Kaohsiung Boy most certainly did not order anyone to beat Thomas up that night.

Outrageous! Completely MAD flatout outrageous I say!

4 Comments:

  • At 4/10/2006 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    unfortunate... pent up bitterness against colonialism seems to be quite strong in Taiwan these days... hopefully, there will be more healthy outlets than what just happened

     
  • At 5/08/2006 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You mean that entire story in Apple Daily was made up, completely untrue? Then how did Thomas get beat up and why? tell us more....

     
  • At 5/08/2006 3:36 AM, Blogger Feli said…

    What I know to the best of my knowledge is described in my March 31 posting. More details are coming out, but I'm not sure if I could tell the full story accurately. That is for Thomas to tell.

     
  • At 5/08/2006 3:38 AM, Blogger Feli said…

    The only thing true about that Apple Daily report was that Thomas was beaten up by 2-3 men.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home