Writer's Block

The USA is the place I was born. Canada is the place I was raised. Taiwan is the place in my heart.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Back with a vengeance

The latest downpours which started on Sunday, have been truly relentless. Fortunately, Sunday was the day after the dragon boat races on the Love River in Kaohsiung had stopped.

I've been through my share of typhoons in Taiwan now and I'm no stranger to heavy rainfall, which I've experienced in various parts of North America. Come to think of it, when I was in LA in February, I also experienced an uncharacteristic week of downpours!

Today we were taunted twice by a few hours of reprieve; the rains returned again by noon and night.

The persistent rain now seems insistent
Engulfing
Implacable, punishing tyrant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home