Writer's Block

The USA is the place I was born. Canada is the place I was raised. Taiwan is the place in my heart.

Friday, September 24, 2004

It's all in the attitude...

It's such a simple mantra, but one that is especially important for teachers... I've noticed that the wave of energy and enthusiasm that I feel for life in general has carried into my teaching and the classroom.

I must be doing something right, because it's only the second week of classes and one of my new students told me that he's already learned so much and that he was looking forward to learning more as the semester progresses. So I'm off to a running start. I think I say this every year, but teaching really does seem to get easier and more enjoyable for me every year.

As my recent blog entries have indicated, I've been feeling a strong sense of empowerment. Before coming to Taiwan, I had a lot of unanswered questions (about life: what I wanted to do, learn, experience, and accomplish); I was also in the process of healing psychologically, spiritually and physically.

I am still working on answering my questions about life but with a sense of purpose and focus. My mind body and soul are strong and healthy and I'm on a path of self-awareness. For me I will feel alive as long as I am learning and creating.

I feel a new acceptance myself inside and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home