Writer's Block

The USA is the place I was born. Canada is the place I was raised. Taiwan is the place in my heart.

Monday, July 12, 2004

The drive from Canada down through Syracuse, and the Poconos was thoroughly enjoyable and I watched the changing landscape, unfold before my eyes. I witnessed the sky darken and in the distance, sudden flashes of lightning danced, like dramatic bold sparks punctuating the sky, foreshadowing the inevitable forces of nature. And then I had to brave the elements forging ahead cautiously and steadfastly through the fierce, pounding, blinding rain showers.

Perhaps I’ve been living in Taiwan too long where the highways are less than scenic, poorly planned, urban eyesores. To me the drive down seemed to be full of wonderful stretches of green, but I guess it’s all relative, because I’m not sure that commuters in the tri-state area would agree. I'm sure that many would say that these are not the most scenic drives in the U.S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home