Writer's Block

The USA is the place I was born. Canada is the place I was raised. Taiwan is the place in my heart.

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Yesterday I went to the local hypermarket to do some grocery shopping. As I was walking past the meat section, a brightly colored fish on ice caught my eye. I'd never seen a fish with such vivid coloring in the frozen fish section- it was orange with turquoise blue markings. Upon closer inspection, I realized that it was a parrot fish.

What is a parrot fish? A cute, lovely fish so named because their bright coloring and markings resemble that of a parrot. They even have prominent teeth causing their mouths to look somewhat like beaks. These were the fish that I swam around with during my dives around the Great Barrier Reef. It had never one crossed my mind these cute, eye-catching fish that are so fun to watch could end up on my dinner plate! Oh dear! It was kind of like finding Nemo on ice.