Writer's Block

The USA is the place I was born. Canada is the place I was raised. Taiwan is the place in my heart.

Friday, September 17, 2004

I have been so grief striken for the past few days... I recently learned that a dear friend of mine just passed away after a five year long battle with cancer. I had only just seen her a few short months ago in July.

It is never easy to describe the uniqueness of each relationship you have. I learned so much from her example that I considered her a living role model for me. I am so saddened when I think of how short a time she had on this earth, but know that she always tried to live life to the fullest, and that she had come to terms with her condition. She was with loved ones and at peace at the time of her passing. The most difficult thing for me is knowing that I will never see her again. Here are some words that I've written in her memory:

Gratitude is what I feel for having known her. I will always remember her instant acceptance and friendship. Her generosity and celebratory attitude towards life were a heartening example of how to live. It is no overstatement to say that she is someone I have admired and looked up to, and that the gifts that she has bestowed on me are ones that I will carry with me all my life. For that I am eternally grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home