Writer's Block

The USA is the place I was born. Canada is the place I was raised. Taiwan is the place in my heart.

Monday, September 13, 2004

Our past experiences- those that have hurt us, changed us, left lasting impressions... are carried with us throughout our lives. For better or worse they are a part of that "inner voice" which drives us, shapes us, sometimes they are our worst enemy, our biggest fear internalized- that we must constantly confront and work to overcome. We carry these "scars" with us for a lifetime. They are what makes us who we are.

They are the beauty and uniqueness of a person. They make up personal history, are part of the map of one's life... like a physically visible scar left on one's skin, which evokes memories when recalling its origin. It is the scratches on a once shiny new piece of jewelry, and things worn by the passage of time and use.

I am constantly learning about my fears and their origin and it still surprises me to realize their lingering effects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home