Writer's Block

The USA is the place I was born. Canada is the place I was raised. Taiwan is the place in my heart.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

My second day back in New York and there are signs that I've gone "soft" already.

Today I got on the subway down to Chinatown for the now annual haircut that I get from my hairdresser of over TEN years- Harry. Of course this doesn't mean I only get my hair cut once a year, but that Harry only cuts it once a year during my summer visits to New York. On the way down, I transfered at the wrong stop and as a result I had to backtrack by going uptown to go downtown. I really should know better! I know this part of Chinatown like the back of my hand. I fear I'm starting to forget the local and express stops, and the points of transfer between subway lines. How dare I call myself a New Yorker.

I used to love what Harry did to my hair, but I'm in shock over what he did to it- now that I've finally found a hairdresser that I love and trust in Kaohsiung.

Dare I say that that's the end of this relationship (with Harry)?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home