Writer's Block

The USA is the place I was born. Canada is the place I was raised. Taiwan is the place in my heart.

Monday, June 27, 2005

It's finals week!

It's the final stretch at the end of the semester and the time when I must go into hiding to do the dreaded deed- grading. That is the one thing I LOATHE about teaching.

Grading writing assignments can either trigger migranes or fits of laughter- depends on the calibre of errors.

I'm at the point where I'm ready to write it off if it gives me a headache and I have to read it more than twice to understand it. But, alas, my conscience dictates otherwise, and I have to follow the system I've devised to calculate my students grades.

I had promised myself that I wouldn't find excuses to procrastinate, but I think I just broke that promise. But from here on out I will be forcing myself to stay away from my blog and any distractions to get the dreaded deed done by the end of the week!

As I write this...

Paparazzi flashes of lighting and crashing waves, of roaring, crackling thunder unleash themselves just outside of my window. I hear the sound of pebbles rapping on my window. Raindrops have started beading up on the glass.

I thought that we'd finally seen an end to the unseasonable amounts of rainfall that we've been getting. In the past week there's been flooding in parts of southern Taiwan leaving people waist deep in flood water and with health complications. The government has not offered much assistance or alternate housing for individuals displaced by the flooding. Perhaps I'll write about that another day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home