Writer's Block

The USA is the place I was born. Canada is the place I was raised. Taiwan is the place in my heart.

Saturday, October 25, 2003

In September I always find myself wondering when the humid, hot, sweltering weather of Kaohsiung will ever let up. And I long for the fall weather that I've been conditioned to expect, having lived in New York and Canada for most of my life. Then in mid to late October the cold snap comes unannounced and there's a definitive shift in the weather. The air is different, the humidity has dissipated.

I've been feeling alittle withdrawn and nostalgic for my friends and family as I realize that Thanksgiving and the holidays are fast approaching. I'm reminded of the many warm gatherings I've hosted in my apartment in New York, especially during Thanksgiving. I'm missing the making of those memories. One thing that I love doing is playing hostess and cooking for my friends and family.

I think I need to get back in touch with my nurturing side. I'm planning an impromptu dinner party for my parents and their friends tomorrow. It's practice for the dinner party I'm planning to host for my upcoming birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home