Writer's Block

The USA is the place I was born. Canada is the place I was raised. Taiwan is the place in my heart.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Through people that I did know or through things that I did touch, I am connected with everything that ever was and everything that ever will be. Everything hangs together with everything. So when the limitations that time and space impose on me are removed because my time is up and my space is no longer there, then I will be in touch with all that ever was and ever will be. That's something to look forward to.

--David Steindl-Rast

4 Comments:

  • At 1/07/2006 12:01 PM, Blogger keauxgeigh said…

    Very interesting quote. I've heard teachings on that philosophy before. Well put.

    Hi, I'm a random person and I bookmarked your blog because I'm thinking of ending up in Taipei within the next few months to learn Mandarin and/or teach English. I hope you don't mind me peeking through your archives for any insights I might find useful about living or working in Taiwan.

    My extended family is in Kaohsiung, but I don't want to go there because I don't want to be dependent upon them. My uncle lives on Wu-Fu 4th road near the Love River, so it was neat seeing the photos you linked to of it.

    Thanks for your writing.

     
  • At 1/08/2006 10:26 PM, Blogger B said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1/09/2006 8:42 AM, Blogger Feli said…

    Keauxgeigh,

    Thanks for reading. I hope that you find my blog helpful! It's nice to know people are reading and that they are getting something out of it.

     
  • At 1/09/2006 8:44 AM, Blogger Feli said…

    Thanks Berta,

    Happy New Year's to you too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home