Writer's Block

The USA is the place I was born. Canada is the place I was raised. Taiwan is the place in my heart.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Reactions to March 22, 2008 Presidential Election in Taiwan

Today has been a sad sad day, since hearing that Chinese Nationalist Party aka Kuomintang (KMT) presidential candidate Ma Ying-jeou has won the presidential election in Taiwan, with 58% of the vote. I cannot even begin to explain what this means since this would require a deep analysis and explanation of the KMT's ugly role in Taiwan's political arena in the past and present.

I have a previous post- on some thoughts about this recent presidential election in Taiwan that I haven't been able to complete and post yet. I will try to get around to it in the next day or so.

It's been pouring outside here in Kaohsiung like no tomorrow for a few hours now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home