Writer's Block

The USA is the place I was born. Canada is the place I was raised. Taiwan is the place in my heart.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Russian Philharmonia Symphony Orchestra of Moscow

As I listened to the plucking of violins, visions of dainty ballet dancers came to mind and I imagined someone tiptoeing across a dark empty room.

The plucking of the harp sounded like the ticking of a clock and the passage of time.

It was then that I realized how classical music has been popularized in the mainstream. It has been so widely used in film and television to tell a story, heighten drama and set the tone of a scene- that certain excerpts of classical music have come to be associated with specific dramatic situations.

I tried to go back to listening to the entire piece without such philistine interruptions- just for the sake of listening pleasure and appreciation of technical difficulty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home