Writer's Block

The USA is the place I was born. Canada is the place I was raised. Taiwan is the place in my heart.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Common Sights and Scenes Around the San Francisco Bay Area

But these are not the images that will remain in memory. It's the images I wasn't able to capture on film- the flora and fauna that were on display in the suburban communities where I went for a walk or a run... a wide variety of tropical and nontropical plants coexisting in one yard, what looked to me like montrously large aloe vera plants, various shapes and sizes of cacti, and the most perfectly shaped, homegrown, luscious oranges. Inviting fruit trees beckoned ... and of course not to be forgotten were the majestic looking palm trees- which are always such an awesome sight to me- perhaps because I've spent so much of my life living on the east coat of the United States where they are such an unfamiliar sight.

One of my favorite things to do when I arrive in a new city is to visit the local botanical garden. In this Bay Area suburb I had many "mini-botanical gardens" right in the vicinity.

The views of the bay, mountains in the distance, quiet suburban life and sun were just what I needed.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home