Writer's Block

The USA is the place I was born. Canada is the place I was raised. Taiwan is the place in my heart.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

OPEN

One of my friends once asked me, if there was one word that you would use to describe yourself, what would it be?

I thought about it and said "open." At the time I chose the word and thought it was apt because I've always tried to be an open-minded person and open to new things.

That was quite awhile back- over 7 years ago.

I think this word is still fitting. I see it as a sort of basis for my "life mantra." I always try to be open to new opportunities, meeting new people, learning new things, new experiences, hearing different opinions and to be open to what's hidden- the energy in the universe and possibilities waiting to be discovered or noticed.

It's important to me, especially as a creative person, to stay open to all that is around me, which means being aware and attuned enough to pick up on promise and opportunities- which are always floating around- if you'd take the time to notice. You just never know where a connection that has been made, a seed planted, idea sprung, or any life experience will lead you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home