Writer's Block

The USA is the place I was born. Canada is the place I was raised. Taiwan is the place in my heart.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Cyanide Poisonings

Bottles of "Wild Bull" a popular energy drink here in Taiwan, (a name which reminds me, but is not to be confused with "Red Bull") have been laced with cyanide. Four victims bought the lethal beverages from different convenience stores in Taichung city. Three are in comas and one is under observation at a Taichung hospital. Oddly, the four tainted beverages imbibed by the victims were labeled "I am toxic, do not drink." Police have found two other likewise labeled "Wild Bull" drinks.

The drink manufacturer, Paolyta immediately recalled some 1.2 million to 1.68 million bottles of the energy drinks.

According to the Taiwan News (May 19, 2005), Paolyta's general manager, Lu Pai-chang, Paolyta has suspended production and distribution of the drink and will not resume sales of the product again until the cases have been solved.

I wonder if this case will ever be solved. It reminds me of the Tylenol poisonings of the 1980's, which to this day, remain unsolved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home